we did a casual baby shower for my FIRST asian niece!
my bro & sis-in-law are having their first baby in April and i couldn't be more stoked.
so i asked guests to bring a dish each, and i obviously took the opportunity to try out a couple new pinterest ideas ...with my personal touch
check err out!
(right) raw veggies: cut them into thin strips,
they'll do their job and look pretty...you just can't go wrong
(middle) puff pastry sandwiches:
directions: 1. buy or make puff pastry (winner)
2. pre-heat oven to 375F & cut pastry in circles like the picture below with a cookie cutter
3. bake in oven for 15-20 minutes
4. cool & split each piece in half (horizontally) and use as upper and bottom layers of sandwich
5. fill the mini sandwich with cold cuts or however you like!
(i did salami, mustard, lettuce and a bit of sun dried tomatoes)
(left) hoisin wonton cups:
directions: 1. buy some wonton cup skins (yes, superstore)
2. brush each wonton skin with oil*
(or else they'll have the flour/powder still stuck on it, and make em shine)
3. press them into a muffin tin like below & bake for 5-10 minutes
(i used my mini cheesecake pan ...ya... get one...)
(press them into the tin and bake with or without the stuffing -
depending what you're stuffing them with)
4. fill them with your stuffing!
i filled it this time with some shredded chicken i poached
and put some hoisin/soy-sauce/garlic marinade on
(but i've also stuffed it with enchilada stuffing before and it worked out great,
try out your own kind of stuffing...experiment & lemme know what else works !)
overall, great friends & family.
i'm sooooooo excited to meet my baby niece!
for more check out the little gift i made for the little baby-to-be!