there are probably a billion cheesecake recipes out there that are absolutely brilliant.
so why bother wasting my time writing another, and your time reading another
when we can talk about the TOPPINGS that make them pretty :)
on this post, i want to talk about 2 different types of toppings!
#1. the chocolate swirls
(like in the picture above)
check out my previous post here
the last picture in the post will show you how to prepare your plastic bag.
1. simply fill your plastic bag full of chocolate
2. melt it in the microwave for 20 seconds and rotate (continue until all melted)
3. cut a little corner in your bag
and voila! you've got your piping bag!
the next step is to get wax paper...
4. squeeze out fun designs on the wax paper such as the ones above
* make sure you add a little vertical, thicker bottom to jam into the cheesecake *
5. then just stick the wax paper with the chocolate in the freezer to harden
and you've got some beautiful chocolate toppers!
#2. the raspberry puree
(yup, like the picture above)
simple, simple ladies and gents!
all you need:
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup water
1. heat up raspberries in a saucepan until it's all mushy
2. add sugar & stir together
3. mix in cornstarch & water
* fun side note, cornstarch must be mixed first with cold water.
if corn starch is mixed with hot water = it gets lumpy! *
4. use a sifter to get rid of all the seeds
and you've got a sweet, raspberry puree!
hope those simple ideas help inspire you in your next baking dishes!